The Vision for the NGOPC is:
To preach, teach, and practice the reformed faith in SE Idaho through a God-centered worship service, a variety of teaching ministries, and practical service to the community.
The Threefold Purpose of the NGOPC is:
1. To Proclaim the Gospel - every chuch is commisioned to “go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you…” Mt 28:19,20. This includes procamation of the Bible in its entirety, along with the systematic theology that flows from it. We accomplish this locally from the pulpit and in every teaching venue deemed appropriate, including the home, Sunday School, and Bible studies. This is done within our sphere of influence through evangelism in word and deed of our friends, families, neighbors, and workmates; outside of our immediate sphere of influence, by sending and supporting missions abroad.
2. To Administer the Sacraments - the sacraments of the Church, Baptism and Holy Communion, are covenant signs and seals of God’s grace to His people (e.g., Colossians 2:11,12; 1Corintians 10:1-4), the Gospel being exhibited in them. Thus, they are sacred trusts to be administered with joy and reverence by the Church.
3. To Practice Church Discipline - biblical discipline involves the benevolent oversight of the people of God. This includes the patient instruction and guidance of families and members; the biblical exercise of presbyterian government; the fostering of godly living and witness; the restoration of backsliders; and the punishment of flagrant breakers of God’s law. The goal of discipline is to instill within the people of God a godly fear of Him, to honor the Name and witness of Christ in the community, and to chasten and restore those who highhandedly offend the law of God and the rule of the Church.
Finally, how might we describe NGOPC?
- We are covenantal holding to the Old and New Covenants, or Testaments
- We are confessional, holding to the historic Westminster Confessional Standards
- We are community oriented, caring for our brothers and sisters
- We are cross-cultural, believing that the church is to the called from every nation and race
- We are presbyterian, believing that our church is only a small part of the universal church and that church government should fall upon the presbytery, or elders